Monday, May 2, 2011

fine dining choices

It is called fine dining. She has her assigned place at a table with two gentlemen, Mr. L_____ and Mr. M____.  She is given choices for food selections at lunch and dinner during the times she dines in the dining room. Her choice of a particular meat, vegetable and starch. I see her gazing ahead trying to take in what the aide is patiently saying as the choices are given.

Then she looks up into my eyes and asks, "What do I want?"

"Chicken or beef, Mama?"

It is always the first food choice mentioned that she chooses.

Quickly in my brain I am offering what I remember as her favorites first. It is good that she has these choices.

1 comment:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It's lovely she has you there to show her the way, and wonderful to know some choices are still within "her" power.