Thursday, April 19, 2012

a baby spoon

The past two days have displayed a mood of dreariness outside my windows. It is cooler and the sun has taken a vacation behind the clouds.


 It fits perfectly with the mood in the rooms on the inside.


 Mother has not been well. A spell which we believe might be the beginnings of pneumonia. She is not eating. The only amount of nourishment is a tad of applesauce. She  will open her mouth just a little bit which allows me to slip a baby spoon with applesauce containing her medications. In the evening she clamps her lips shut and will not take anything. I know I have backup suppositories, but then I must roll her over and in the evenings she is not feeling her best. I despise her pain.


She will open her eyes when you call her. She speaks little. Today I smiled at her and told her I loved her  and I knew she understood.

1 comment:

Lesley Austin said...

Oh Cathy...

There seems to always be love, even when there is little else left.